Friday, November 13, 2015

Cajun Chicken, Rice and Mixed Vegetables


Still sick with the flu. My temperature is over 101F but I managed to put out a not too shabby looking plate. I should have taken the picture before I put the mayonnaise on, or make it more aesthetically pleasing. I'm sick, the food just has to taste good so I can get it down.

My microwave has a moisture sensor in it so it can cook rice perfectly every time, white rice only. I use Basmati rice because it has a pleasant taste. I cook 1/2 cup rice with a teaspoon or two of oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few drops of lemon juice or vinegar.

The vegetables were simple. I microwaved the carrots to par cook them first then finished them in a frying pan. A little salt and a little flour sprinkled over top of the vegetables then toss them to cook the flour taste off for a minute.  Add half a packet of beef stock and a half cup water. Toss and cook the water off. When the vegetables are done, add a  few drops of Chinese fish sauce, toss and serve.

The Cajun Chicken was salted, seasoned with Cajun, brushed with olive oil and BBQ'd for twenty minutes just below high heat. Turning every few minutes so one side doesn't dry out.

I put soy sauce on my rice, Fern likes his plain. It was a really good meal. I could taste it myself but I felt so crappy I couldn't enjoy it. Fern did, which helped a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment