Saturday, November 21, 2015

Chicken Stir Fry


Fern wanted something with lots of vegetables so I decided on a stir fry. I picked up mushrooms, green pepper, bean sprouts and a piece of ginger. I sliced up a carrot, stick of celery, an onion and the other veggies. I cut the chicken into bite size pieces and coated it flour. I tried to peel the ginger with a spoon. The spoon worked, for the most part, but the piece I had chosen was very fibrous. I was sure if I cut it up small and put it in the pan, we would both be picking woody ginger from our mouths. So I left it in six large lumps, hoping to take them out when the meal was cooked. 

I had rice cooking in the microwave while I got the frying pan hot. I put the mushrooms in first the get a bit of a sear, then added the meat. When the chicken had colour all around the rest of the vegetables went in the pan. When everything was cooked, the ginger looked just like the chicken so there was no way to pick it all out. I served it and warned Fern about large lumps of ginger. He got most of them, I don't know why that happens.

It was a good meal, simple but satisfying.


No comments:

Post a Comment