Sunday, April 24, 2016

Cajun Chicken with Red Pepper Pesto and Broccoli


I started demolishing the upstairs bathtub today so I didn't have the energy put out a huge meal. A chicken breast that I can salt, season, oil and BBQ is as easy and fast. Rice done in the microwave with salt, oil and few drops lemon juice. The broccoli was steamed, cooled and reheated in olive oil with a bit of salt.

While all that was going on I did have enough time to look at my jar of Roasted Red Peppers and wonder if I could make a little pesto for the chicken. I had a taste of Roasted Red Pepper Pesto years ago and never encountered it again. I loved it and always remembered it so now that I can cook a little bit, it's worth giving it a try.

Red Pepper Pesto ( not particularly successful )

2 roasted red peppers, skinned
5 pecans
2 tbsp sunflower seeds
1 clove garlic
1/4 cup grated parmesan
1 tbsp olive oil
few drops lemon juice
1/2 tsp salt
pepper

I stuck the immersion blender in and processed it. It tasted ok, not great. I put it on the plate and Fern said it was delicious but I think he was being kind. It did taste better with the chicken. The spice improved it, which is what I was after but it should be the pesto improving the chicken, not the chicken improving the pesto.


No comments:

Post a Comment