Sunday, April 24, 2016

Pork Cutlet with Fresh Apple Sauce and Greek Salad


Breaded pork cutlet from Mitchell's. They're cheap and taste pretty good fried in olive/canola oil. I boiled potatoes and finished them with butter, salt and milk. The carrots were cooked for a minute on high by themselves and then the peas were added and I hit the Frozen Vegetables button on the microwave. Peas and corn survive freezing and microwaving fairly well. Most everything else turns to mush. I had half a Granny Smith apple so I peeled it and cut it up into a small sauce pot with a tablespoon of butter and one of brown sugar and a pinch of salt. Put a lid on it and bring it to a boil, turn heat down and simmer till it's soft or the pork is plated. Serve.

Greek Salad

3 inches English cucumber
1 tomato
green onions
black olives
1 stick celery
feta cheese - I use cow feta
olive/canola oil 
lemon juice
salt 
mixed pepper

That makes enough for two salads. It was a good meal. I liked the fresh apple sauce, much better than any canned or jarred.

No comments:

Post a Comment