Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Lemon Dill Chicken Breast with Mashed Potatoes and Greek Salad


I was beginning to wonder if I could make chicken without Cajun spice. I was looking at spring growth in the herb garden and dill was coming up from root so I grabbed a stalk and took it to the kitchen. I stripped the leaves from the stems, chopped them up a bit and put them in a bowl. To that I added 2 cloves garlic diced, 1/4 cup olive oil, juice from half a lemon, teaspoon of salt, pinch of cayenne. I rolled the breasts in the marinade let them sit for a few minutes. The acid in the lemon whitened the meat but it cooked out nicely. The flavour would still come out with less lemon so next time I'll use half as much. I BBQ'd the breasts for twenty minutes on medium high heat.

Mashed potatoes were boiled, drained, mashed, salted, buttered and finished with milk whipped in with a fork. Using a fork prevents over whipping the potatoes and turning them into a thick unpalatable paste. Green onion dropped over top so it doesn't look so bare. Turns out the onion tastes good with it too.


Greek salad is one of the easiest to make. Chop up a tomato or two, 4 inches of English cucumber. a couple of green onions. Add a few black olives and break some feta cheese over it all. Drizzle some olive oil over it and the juice from half a lemon. Pinch of salt and come black pepper. Toss and serve.

The chicken was wonderful. So were the potatoes. The salad was good too. No wonder I'm fat.


No comments:

Post a Comment