Thursday, September 22, 2016

Stuffed Green Pepper


I bought just under 400gms ( bit less than a pound ) ground beef. I cooked up 1/3 cup rice. Time was short so I wanted to fully cook the filling so only the pepper needed to roast in the oven. I caramelized a diced onion and added a diced garlic clove near the end. The ground beef was added to pan and browned. I sprinkled half a teaspoon of flour over the beef and cooked the flour taste off. Add some cooked rice to the meat to fill it out and absorb water. I used about 2/3 of what I cooked.

2 tsp paprika
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp beef stock powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup water 

Cook most of the water off so the meat mixture is just glistening. Remove the seeds etc. from the pepper and stuff it with meat mixture. Place remaining mixture around pepper in pan. Bake at 400F for 20-30 minutes till pepper is softened. 

The tomato sauce is left over spaghetti sauce, that's why there isn't a lot. I guess tomato ketchup would work fine too. 

Boiled new potatoes served with butter and salt. 

The peas were blanched, drained and fried in the pan with a stick of celery.

The meat filling was really good, I'll definitely do this again.


No comments:

Post a Comment