Saturday, March 10, 2012

Banana Bread



Almost everyone loves a good banana bread, yours truly included. An elderly lady on my partners meals on wheels route sent home her over ripe bananas. I don't know how they manage to get all three bananas to turn uniformly black without rotting anywhere.

I dug out my favorite recipe. I have no idea where I got this, I just have it written on a piece of note paper. Line a bread pan with parchment paper.  Mash the bananas in a bowl and add the ingredients in order, stirring each one in.

3 or 4 perfectly ripened bananas
1/3 cup melted (not hot) butter
1 egg beaten in
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup sugar
1 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1 1/2 cup flour

Pour into the papered bread pan and put in a 350ยบ oven for 1 hour. Test with a toothpick in the center, if it comes out clean it's done. If not put it back in for 10 more minutes.


I sent a couple of slices back to the elderly lady and they were the first thing she'd eaten in two days, despite having food delivered. That explains why she isn't eating, the foods terrible! Give her something good and she gobbles it up! I send her food when I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment