Thursday, October 1, 2015

Not Quite Honey Garlic Chicken


I wanted to have something other than Cajun chicken for a change. I had half a lemon in the fridge so I squeezed the juice out into a bowl and took curls of rind off and put them in the juice.  I added enough salt for both chicken breasts to the juice, double the olive oil than juice and a tablespoon of honey. A bit of pepper and some ground ginger. It all sounded so good.  I brushed it over the meat and put it on the BBQ.

The glaze run off the meat into the bottom of the BBQ. The flavour went with it. I managed to not overcook the broccoli so it was perfect. The potatoes were wonderful with a bit of butter and salt. The chicken just didn't take on any of the flavour I was trying for. It barely had enough salt.  Clearly I'm not good at this dish, I need to research and try again. It wasn't bad, it just wasn't great.

No comments:

Post a Comment