Friday, March 11, 2016

Chicken, Polenta and Asparagus with Hollandaise


The Hollandaise didn't go with the polenta like I'd hoped. I've hardly tried polenta so I'm not used to it's flavour. 

Polenta

1/4 cup polenta
1/4 cup frozen corn
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp chicken stock powder
1/2 tsp ground garlic
pinch onion flakes - I used 2 pinches which was too much

Boil liquid, add dry ingredients and stir over low heat till liquid is absorbed. 10-20 minutes. If I'd left it like this it would have been fine but I put Hollandaise on it which didn't help at all.

The chicken breast was coated with tapioca starch, salt, pepper and oatmeal and roasted at 375F for 25 minutes. This didn't work at all. It tasted fine but nothing I did improved the flavour. If I had just salted it and put it in the oven it would have been better. There's that less is more rule again. Well if you don't experiment you won't find new combinations that do work. But I could be a lot better at imagining what to try.

Overall it was a tasty meal, still a bit confused. I'm getting much better at managing several things cooking together at different rates, so it's a matter of time for me to start choosing ingredients that do got together on the plate.






No comments:

Post a Comment