Friday, March 25, 2016

Liver, Onions, Home Fries with Broccoli and Carrots


I love ketchup straight out of the bottle on liver and fried potatoes. For this meal I cut the  potatoes (skin on) in half and boiled them till just softened. Then cooled them and sliced them up. I fried them in a pan with plenty of oil till they were crispy.  The onions I fried on medium heat and lower till they were beautifully caramelized. Then removed them from the pan. I salted and floured the liver then laid it in hot oil in the pan. A couple of minutes each side is all it needs. Then the onions were put back in and bacon bits added as well. Toss and heat it all up together.

The broccoli was steamed and cooled and the carrots done in the microwave. Then I put the carrots and broccoli back in the pot with olive oil, salt and pepper to reheat. 

It was every bit as good as it looks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment