Monday, August 29, 2016

Roast Pork Loin


Roast pork loin with roasted potatoes and carrots. I salted, peppered and oiled the roast then put it in the oven @ 325F for nearly two hours. I oiled and salted the potatoes and carrots and put them in oven with the roast an hour before it was ready. They weren't quite done when the roast was so I put the roast under foil to rest while I upped the heat in the oven to 425F and gave the potatoes another 15 minutes. That finished cooking them but didn't caramelize the carrots.

The condiment is apple sauce made the other day. Just apples, no sugar. It's tart but goes great on the meat. The yellow tomato salad is 

tomatoes diced
red onion finely diced
parsley diced
olive oil
lemon juice
salt
pepper

Fern picked more raspberries from the second crop. I ran them through the juicer and made a raspberry vinaigrette with 

olive oil
raspberry juice
salt
pepper

which I tossed with leaf lettuce, red onion and celery. Martin was over for dinner and he ate this salad! (he doesn't usually like vegetables owing to childhood pressure cooker vegetable trauma)

Martin, who is straight, has become a good friend, which earned him the nickname Doug's new boyfriend. Being a good sport, when someone asks him if he's gay he says, "No, but my boyfriend is."



No comments:

Post a Comment