Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Pork Cutlet - yes I'll eventually get tired of these but it hasn't happened yet.


This meal almost feels like cheating because I don't have to season and coat the cutlet. I put the potatoes on to boil first then set the carrots and broccoli in the steamer.  I cooled the veggies under running water when they were almost done so I could put finish them in olive oil, salt and pepper. The mashed potatoes were finished with salt, butter and light cream.  Plain old apple sauce is the condiment. A quick salad on the side.

Vinaigrette

1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp walnut oil
1 tsp canola oil
2 tsp red wine vinegar
pinch salt
fresh ground black pepper
1/4 tsp dijon mustard
few drops Worcestershire Sauce

This slightly more complicated vinaigrette was a nice change, I'll make it again.

Everything was perfect for a change, creamy potatoes, crisp vegetables and tasty pork. 

No comments:

Post a Comment