Friday, January 2, 2015

Marinated Pork Chop


I marinated the chops in my new recipe and it was amazing! We both would have eaten more if there was some left. 

Marinade

1/2 tsp mustard powder
1 tbsp paprika
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp canola oil
1 tbsp lemon juice
3 cloves garlic smashed/diced

I put the pork in my Food Saver vacuum marinator for about 45 minutes.  I'm not convinced the vacuum does anything for the flavour, but as a marinating dish, it's ideal. The marinade cooks down into an absolutely delicious coating.  

The broccoli was steamed, cooled in water and finished in olive oil. Mashed potatoes finished with butter, milk and a little salt. I also made a small salad

Vinaigrette

1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp walnut oil (optional, to use it up before it spoils)
1 tsp canola oil
2 tsp red wine vinegar
1/4 tsp dijon mustard
few drops Worcestershire Sauce
black pepper
salt

This pork tastes better than Save On Foods breaded pork cutlet and Mitchell's souvlaki. It only took me 2 years to do better than my local grocery store. I'm not sure if that's good or bad.


No comments:

Post a Comment