Friday, August 14, 2015

Cajun Chicken


Lunch was a little heavy so we felt like something lighter for dinner.  Chicken isn't fatty and rice is lighter than potatoes so that part was easy.  The peas were fresh from the garden and the carrot was store bought. The parmesan roasted tomato, from the garden, should have had a little more colour but I had to cook them in the toaster oven which doesn't do such a good job. I put soy sauce on my rice because Fern likes plain white rice and I like more flavour.

The peas were a bit starchy, picked a bit too late I think. The tomato had salt and black pepper under the parmesan and it was sweet and delicious. I used Cajun spice on the chicken, brushed with olive oil and cooked on the BBQ for twenty minutes. 

It took 30 minutes to prepare this meal, start to finish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment