Sunday, August 16, 2015

Pineapple Coconut Chicken Curry


This took about 45 minutes to put together. First I put rice on to cook with olive oil, salt, a few drops of rice wine vinegar. A diced onion was sweated then a diced carrot, celery stick and chopped garlic clove went in the pan. The chicken was cubed, salted, coated in flour and put in the pan. I only got a light sear on the chicken all over then removed it from the pan. Next I added a few drops of sesame oil. The carrots were still quite raw so I added half a cup of chicken stock and let that boil off. Then I sprinkled a teaspoon of curry powder over all and stirred it in. Next a can of coconut milk was added. When the coconut milk was half boiled off I added the diced peppers. I think I had a jalapeƱo, poblamo and chili pepper all seeds removed. I diced the red chili particularly small. A few minutes before the curry was done I added the chicken and pineapple chunks (half a can). Taste the curry and if it's too spicy add a bit of pineapple juice from the can. When the pineapple chunks are heated through add a couple of tablespoons of butter and stir. When the butter has been taken up, plate the curry over the rice.

Fern said this was the best curry I've ever made. I'll leave it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment