Sunday, August 23, 2015

Breaded Snapper


I was quite tired at the end of the day so I didn't feel like making a big complicated meal. I also didn't want Cajun Snapper again. I started out putting salt, olive oil and lemon juice in the rice and putting it on to cook.  The corn was boiled and served with salt and butter. The salad was iceberg lettuce, celery and tomatoes and cucumber from the garden. I used my new white wine vinegar for the dressing, it was quite wonderful.  That leaves the fish.

Breading

1/3 cup bread crumbs
1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves
fresh ground black pepper
1/2 tsp ground garlic - the grainy stuff, not the powder

I pulled all the bones out and cut the fillet in half.  Then I salted both sides and dredged it in a mixture of bread crumbs, dried thyme, ground garlic, black pepper. This turned out to be the best snapper I've ever made! The breading was terrific, which totally surprised me. I served it with fresh lemon juice. The plate looks almost incomplete but every component was loaded with flavour. I can't wait for next Friday when Mitchell's will have fresh fish, probably snapper, again.

No comments:

Post a Comment