Saturday, August 8, 2015

Honey Mustard Glazed Pork Chop


I salted, peppered and oiled the chops before putting on the BBQ. I got a good sear on them first then turned the heat down a bit to cook them evenly.  I mixed up a teaspoon of Dijon mustard with a tablespoon of honey and basted both sides of the chops every few minutes. Mustard powder mixed into honey might work better, I'll try that next time.

Mashed potatoes and over cooked broccoli complete the plate. Over cooking broccoli is my most common mistake. It usually springs from not completing prep before starting cooking.

The salad was fresh tomatoes and cucumber from the garden, celery, black olives, artichoke hearts and feta cheese. Salt and pepper. Drizzle olive oil over the salad with a little canola oil to reduce the raw bitter taste of olive oil. Then a few drops of white wine vinegar or lemon juice and toss and serve.

Fern said the artichoke hearts didn't belong in the salad. I didn't mind them but they didn't improve the over all flavour so shouldn't have been added.


No comments:

Post a Comment