Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Cajun Chicken on Guacamole


I wanted the simplest meal I could come up with so rice in the microwave works great. Steamed broccoli is pretty easy. Steam for 4 minutes, quickly cool in cold water then just before plating reheat in olive oil. It gives broccoli with just a bit of crunch and great flavour.

The chicken I salted, seasoned with Cajun spice and brushed with olive oil. Then I roasted it for 25 minutes at 325F. While I was waiting for that to come together I decided I should use up that avocado in the fridge. I mashed it, added a pinch of salt, a few drops of lemon juice and a tablespoon of sour cream. Then to get creative I added far too many drops of Tabasco Sauce to spice it up. It was far too hot by itself but I  plated the chicken on top of it and it turned out great. The chicken tempered the spice in the guacamole and they tasted great together. Fern said I could have put the guacamole in the rice too. That's odd because he usually likes plain white rice. Definitely a recipe to make again.

No comments:

Post a Comment