Sunday, October 30, 2016

Roast Pork Loin with Roasted Potatoes


A nice roast pork. It's day 2 after the operation on my hand so I couldn't do a lot. No brining. I just salted it and slow cooked it at 300F for 2 hours. I had to up to the temperature to 325F for the last 20 minutes to get it to finish on time. It worked, it was cooked through and juicy as can be. The potatoes and carrots browned nicely too. I all I did was toss the potatoes in olive oil and salt first then add the salted roast to the pan and put it in the oven. The corn was frozen and done in the microwave. The condiment is Fern's home made ketchup. It's sort of a tomato chutney but really good.

If I had suckered Fern into peeling the potatoes it would have been no work at all! It was as delicious as it looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment