Sunday, October 2, 2016

Cajun Chicken and Cauliflower with Asiago Cheese Sauce


Dave had a nice breaded chicken breast with a delightful asiago cheese sauce on the buffet last time at the Laughing Oyster. Fern loved it so I wanted to try to make something similar. I caramelized a diced onion and added a diced clove of garlic. Chicken stock powder and a teaspoon of flour. A quarter cup of butter to cook the flour in. Slowly whisk in a cup of milk to make a nice sauce. Add up to a cup of grated asiago cheese. Add a pinch of salt and taste. Mine was a bit too much asiago cheese and little too pasty. Next time I'll use less cheese and maybe some stock and white wine.

The cauliflower I steamed, cooled and reheated in olive oil. I never had good results with cauliflower till I started doing it this way. Now it comes out cooked with just a little crunch. Perfect. Basmati rice on the side smothered with sauce.

The salad is just spinach and mushroom with a white wine vinaigrette and grated asiago cheese. Asiago is a bit poopy tasting so parmesan would have been better.

Good for a first try with a new cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment