Monday, February 6, 2012

Bacon wrapped pork tenderloin with mushroom wine sauce

I'm on a roll this week!  I walked into the grocery store and the daily special was pork medallions wrapped in bacon.  I picked up a pack of 4 little medallions and thought, that's a piddly little amount even for $6. I can do better than that.

Pork tenderloin was on special and I had some bacon already so I got about twice as much pork for $5.50
I picked up some mushrooms and headed home.  I cut medallions of pork and wrapped them in bacon fastened with a toothpick.  Mashed potatoes, broccoli and carrots to round it out.

I seared the medallions all round in a frying pan and put the pan in a 375º oven for 25 minutes.  While everything was cooking I fried up half a diced onion to golden and 5 sliced mushroom with a little butter.  When the pork was ready I took meat out of the pan and set it aside to rest.  I put a teaspoon of flour in the frying pan and mixed and cooked it into the pan drippings.  I added just enough water to thin out the mix then added 1/2 an ounce of white wine and about the same of whipping cream (sour cream will work too but use less wine because it's already acidic).  Add in the mushrooms and onions and serve over the pork medallions. Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment