Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Corn Breaded Rosemary Thyme Garlic Pork Chop

A package of thick pork chops was marked down half price to clear but looked perfectly fine so I picked it up.  I had tried corn meal breading before with good results so I put some corn flour in one bag and corn meal with salt, pepper, garlic powder and finely chopped fresh rosemary and thyme in another. In a bowl I thoroughly whisked an egg. Last time I made this with egg whites left over from hollandase.

I put my 12" frying pan on the Induction burner (love it), added plenty of oil and shook the pork chops in the flour.  Then I dipped the chops in the egg and shook them in the corn meal mix then put them directly into the hot pan. They were thick so I cooked them at medium heat so they wouldn't scorch. It probably took about 8 minutes per side but it really depends on the thickness of your pork chop.  If you press in the middle and it gives a lot it's still raw.  If it is firm and no pink liquid comes out it is done. Experience is the best teacher here.

When the chops were done I plated them with mashed potatoes, carrots, broccoli and a spoon  of apple sauce on the chop. Absolutely delicious and there was an extra chop I had for lunch next day and it was even more delicious, not sure why.


No comments:

Post a Comment