Monday, February 6, 2012

Yet another Cajun chicken variation

Tonight I started out by boning some chicken breasts and putting the bones on for stock, then going downstairs and forgetting about it.  It boiled dry, filled the house with smoke and nearly ruined an allclad pot. I still had to cook dinner.

So I quickly peeled potatoes and put them on.  Seasoned the chicken with Cajun rub and got the broccoli cut up and a couple of carrots with that.  Once I seared the chicken and put it in the oven, the potatoes were on and I just had to push start on the vegetables. I have time to make a sauce.  Lots of flavor on the meat already so just plain butter and lemon should do.

I took the small pan I fried the chicken skins in for the dogs and used the remain fat.  I add a teaspoon of flour and a pad of butter.  Once the flour was cooked I added water then the juice of half a lemon.  Add water if you need to thin it out. I added a pinch of salt and tasted it.  Sour but it should temper the heat in the Cajun spice.

I sliced the breasts and poured the sauce over the chicken and the broccoli. It was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment