Saturday, April 13, 2013

Chicken Stir Fry


Boneless chicken breasts and red peppers were the specials today so I thought, stir fry.  I grabbed a pepper, some mushrooms and a zucchini and headed home.  In the fridge I had an onion, a stick of celery and a small carrot to add to the pan. 

I started the rice, then I diced and caramelized the onion and removed it from the pan.  Then I sweated the carrot and celery followed by searing the mushrooms. Lastly I caramelized the zucchini. I cubed the chicken up and rolled it around in flour then put it in the pan with plenty of oil.  I made sure every piece was seared all round but not cooked through.  I put several drops of sesame oil in the pan then I put everything back in.  Then added a tablespoon or two of soy sauce, the same of oyster (or fish) sauce and started tossing it. I served the fry next to white rice and I put more soy sauce directly on my rice (optional).

I was working slowly and this still only took 45 minutes to prepare.


No comments:

Post a Comment