Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Corned Beef


I really felt like crab cakes again but they didn't have any premium fake crab at the store, it was frozen.  They offered to thaw some but I pointed out that takes overnight. Nothing was on special that inspired me so I decided on corned beef as the lesser evil at the red meat counter.

Broccoli was down in price again so it's back on the menu.  My smaller portions are starting to show, as is the reduction in my weight.  It's the potato that seems to be making the difference.  I just started making only a small potato for myself and that seems to be making a difference, I'm not gaining weight, I'm losing.

The meat is simple, take it out of the plastic bag and cover it with water in a pot.  Bring up to simmer, don't boil, then simmer for 3 hours. Steamed vegetables finished in xv olive oil. Maille Dijon mustard on the meat.  A nice simple meal that has great leftover potential.



No comments:

Post a Comment