Monday, May 30, 2016

Salisbury Steak


It started out as a lighter meal but seemed to just grow into a plate of beefy heaven. New potatoes I put on the boil with some salt. I sliced up a massive green onion that over wintered. A spring onion in it's second spring. It was good anyway. I mixed that with the beef, salt, black pepper and ground garlic. Made meat patties and fried them to a good sear on both sides. Then I transferred them to a roasting pan and put them in the oven @ 325F.  In the meat pan I started frying the crimini mushrooms. When I had a good sear on them I removed them from the pan. A tablespoon of butter and a teaspoon of flour into the pan. Cook the flour taste off in the butter for a minute. Whisk in a cup of beef stock and add the mushrooms. Simmer and reduce to a nice gravy. Add salt, Worcestershire Sauce and black pepper.

In another frying pan fry the sliced carrot in olive oil. When they have a nice sear add the celery, onions and beans. Add 1/4 cup beef stock and reduce till almost dry. Add salt and mixed pepper.

When the potatoes are done, drain, salt and add a tablespoon of butter. 

Turn off both pans and add a tablespoon of butter to both. Stir melted butter into both pans. 

This was really good comfort food.

No comments:

Post a Comment