Sunday, October 21, 2012

Ginger Beef on Steam Fried Noodles


Finally the last of the roast beef gets used up.  I got three meals for two out of a $6 roast so that's a good run.  I thinly sliced the beef, carrots and mushrooms.  Diced a green pepper, celery stick and cut up the broccoli. I microwaved the carrots and broccoli a bit to give them a head start. I set a pot of water to boil for the noodles and put a large sauce pan on the burner.

I started with the mushrooms, giving them a nice sear then removing them from the pan.  Next I sweated the green pepper and celery then removed them from the pan.  A heaping teaspoon of flour in the pan and enough oil to make a slurry.  Cook the flour taste off then start adding beef stock till it is a nice gravy, then add a tablespoon of soy sauce.  Add the meat to the gravy and all the vegetables and stir to coat everything.  Put the steam fried noodles in boiling water and cook for 1 to 3 minutes depending on brand.  Add the finely diced ginger to the pan and stir to coat everything.

When the noodles were done drain and put back in the empty pot.  Add some oil and a little soy sauce to the noodles then plate them.  Finally plate the ginger beef over some of the noodles (or rice). I dove in before I took a photo, I was hungry and it was really good! After a few bites I remembered to snap a photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment