Saturday, February 2, 2013

Chicken with beans and carrots


Nothing fancy here, I pounded the breasts flat and shook them in a bag with 

2 tsp flour
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp poultry seasoning
1/2 tsp salt
fresh ground pepper

then fried them in a well oiled pan.  I steamed the carrots and added the beans 10 minutes later.  Mashed potatoes the usual way. Salt, butter and milk. Before the beans were fully cooked I ran the pot under cold water to stop cooking.  When the meat was almost done I put the vegetables back on medium low heat in extra virgin olive oil. It was all very nice but now that we're used to really good food, merely good isn't good enough. I think next time I'll reduce the amount of flour in the rub and see if that brings out the herb flavor more.

That's the trouble and promise with learning to cook, you can never go back to the way things were.

No comments:

Post a Comment