Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Pork Tenderloin Medallions


I was in more a beef mood but pork tenderloin was the best value so I  bought the smallest one. I cut it into about 1 1/2 inch long pieces which I stood on end and pounded flat.  I seasoned them with:

Pork Rub

1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp mustard powder

Coat the pieces and fry them in plenty of oil. I fried some mushrooms and green peppers then finished them with a little chicken stock to pour over the medallions.  It wasn't particularly successful. It might have been better if the green pepper was diced smaller and the meat served on top of the green pepper. Or maybe it shouldn't be on the plate at all. Mashed potatoes and steamed 'colorflower' finished in xv olive oil complete the plate.  A tasty inexpensive meal in under an hour.



No comments:

Post a Comment