Friday, February 8, 2013

Turkey with Stuffing


We had roast beef yesterday so tomorrow will be beef stewish something. That means white meat tonight.  Turkey breasts were on special so I picked a small pair and headed home.  Perusing the pantry I discovered a box of Uncle Ben's Stuffing I bought at Christmas as a just in case. I've certainly had better stuffing than Uncle Ben's, but I didn't make it.  I actually like Uncle Ben's stuffing and it's easy to make so once in a while I'll have it instead of potatoes, rice or pasta.

The carrots and 'colorflower' were done together in the steamer then finished in the pot with xv olive oil on medium low heat. Follow the instructions on the box of stuffing and for the turkey breast I mixed up 

Turkey Rub

1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
1 tsp flour
fresh ground pepper

Coat all sides of the breasts and fry in plenty of oil.  I served mine with Fern's ketchup. It was all very nice and the stuffing was a nice break from the usual potatoes or rice. I think the turkey was a bit drier and tougher than chicken, but very good none the less.


No comments:

Post a Comment