Monday, November 11, 2013

Cajun Chicken on Beet Green and Rice


I boned the two chicken breasts and made stock.  The skins I cooked to crispy for the dogs.  I salted then seasoned the breasts with Cajun rub. I had beet greens left over from the borscht.  Frozen corn. The rice I did in the microwave with salt and olive oil. The beet greens I steamed in a bit of chicken stock then sauteed with olive oil.  Butter and salt went on the corn when it was done.  The chicken I did on the BBQ for 25 minutes total cooking time.

The olive oil in the rice and beet greens brought them together and the cajun spice on the chicken brought it all into focus.  Fern and I both said several times while we were eating how good it was, I sucked mine up in no time.

This was really easy to make and it tasted great.

Cajun Spice Rub

2 tbsp cayenne pepper
2 tbsp paprika 
1 1/2 tbsp onion powder
1 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp freshly ground white pepper
1 tbsp garlic powder
2 tsp dried basil
1 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp ground mustard
1/8 tsp ground cloves

No comments:

Post a Comment