Thursday, November 21, 2013

Prawns and Pasta with Secret Sauce (Mezzetta Tomato Basil)


I must admit this photo is not last night's dinner, it is the last time I took a photo of this dish. I don't make the sauce so I don't always photograph it. I decided to write about it since it is becoming a regular. All I have to do is thaw out a few frozen raw prawns, fry them in butter and garlic, add a jar of Mezzetta Napa Bistro Tomato Basil Sauce.  When the pasta is cooked, drain it well and add to the sauce. Toss and serve grated parmesan on top. Pretty much anyone can put this together and wow their guests. I make it when I'm home late, it's fast and delicious.

To thaw out prawns just soak in cold water. Running water speeds it up a bit but may wash away flavour. Buy black prawns, they have better flavour. I get a kilo bag of the same prawns the restaurants use from the butcher. We don't have a fish monger in town.


No comments:

Post a Comment