Thursday, November 7, 2013

Rib Steak for One


Fern is away for a couple of nights so rib steak was mandated. This time, my steak was over 550gm. A pound is only 454gm.  So, in a totally uncharacteristic move, I cut the steak in half.  There was still more than enough on each plate.  This is the second half.  Last night I had the first piece with potatoes, squash and corn. I left the potato off tonight to try to save my waistline.

The steak was BBQ'd in my usual 2x2x2x2 minutes to get crossed grill marks. The broccoli was microwaved and squash roasted with olive oil. I did get the wonderful taste of cooked olive oil on the acorn squash but the flavour didn't go as well as butter. It seemed like the squash was too sweet against the olive oil. Next time I'll use butter.

I managed to get the broccoli perfect, right out of the microwave. Usually it's a bit mushy. The steak, with salt and black pepper, was perfect. I didn't miss the starch at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment