Thursday, July 9, 2015

Tacos!


Simple but a fair amount of chopping to get this meal done.  I julienne the lettuce so it's easier to eat with the rest of the plate. The tomatoes, cucumber, celery and hot pepper were cut up as usual for salad. I seasoned with salt, pepper and drizzled olive oil, canola oil and apple cider vinegar over the salad. Then tossed and plated it.

I diced a sweet onion, stalk of celery and hot pepper into the frying pan.  I sweated the veggies a minute then added the ground beef with a little salt.  When the beef was browned I added the taco seasoning and 3/4 cup water.  The taco seasoning has plenty of salt so I shouldn't have added more. I simmered the filling till it thickened.

Guacamole

1 avocado mashed
1/3 mild pepper finely diced
1 slice sweet onion finely diced
1/2 tsp salt
pepper
juice 1/2 lime - use whole lime if it's a bit dry
1 tbsp sour cream 

Mash it up with a fork.

Refried Beans

1 can Old El Paso Refried Beans - they taste best
1/4 cup grated cheddar
juice 1/2 lime
1 tbsp sour cream

I grated about a cup of cheddar for the meal, which was a little much. I added some cheddar to the taco filling pan and let it melt. Then started filling tacos and adding more cheese on the filling then rolling them up. I topped the taco with the guacamole. If I'd had time I would have put the filled tacos in the oven for a few minutes to heat the shell and melt cheese on top. 

This is a lovely fresh meal, takes about 90 minutes to make. Well worth the time.


No comments:

Post a Comment