Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Thyme Chicken Breast


Chicken on the BBQ. This time instead of grabbing the Cajun spice I decided to go more herb and I salted and seasoned with dried thyme. Then I brushed it with oil and put it on the BBQ. The rice is basmati with salt, oil and a few drops cider vinegar. I put a bit of soy sauce on my rice, Fern prefers his plain. That left only the vegetables. 

I didn't want broccoli again. There has to be something else green we can eat! Fern likes celery so that's always a good place to start. I chopped up two stalks of celery and a branch of fennel. I also got some chives from the garden and chopped them into the pan.  Sprinkle a teaspoon of flour over the celery and cook it a minute. Then add a packet of chicken stock and some water. I had a few peas in the microwave cooking. When they were done I drained them and mixed them into the celery. 

The chicken was really good. I didn't over cook it so it was super moist. The fennel barely came through in the celery which was what I hoped for. Peas and celery with a hint of liquorice tastes great, Fern said "Serve that again!"



No comments:

Post a Comment