Sunday, January 31, 2016

Beef Patty with Mushroom Gravy


I bought some ground beef. Added salt, black pepper, a few bread crumbs and some ground garlic. Made two patties out of it and put them in the frying pan.  I already had potatoes peeled and boiling for mashed. The sugar snap peas I cut the tips off and boiled for a couple of minutes then drained and finished in butter, salt and black pepper.

Mushroom Gravy

5 crimini mushrooms sliced
1 diced onion
1/2 cup pork loin pan drippings
1 tsp flour
1/2 tsp red wine vinegar
3/4 cup milk

Caramelize the onion, then sear the mushrooms. Sprinkle the flour over the pan and cook the flour taste off. Add a dash of red wine vinegar and cook it in. Add the pork drippings and slowly whisk in the milk. Taste, add some salt and pepper as needed.

Fern loved the peas. I only buy them when the bag is marked down to $2 but I make the whole bag. A nice treat. Probably lots of fibre too. The gravy was terrific. I'm going to roast some pork before beef from now on so I can make that gravy!




No comments:

Post a Comment