Monday, January 11, 2016

Lamb Loin Chops


My mother never made lamb so I never saw it being prepared. I can count on one finger the number of times I've cooked lamb, I like it but I was afraid I would screw it up. Finally I had enough confidence to buy 4 little chops for $10.84, totally blowing my protein budget for today. 

I had Greek Salad ingredients in the fridge so I only needed a cooked vegetable and I toyed with a few ideas but ultimately went for mashed potatoes. Fern doesn't like to 'try new foods' when he's hungry for dinner.

I salted and peppered the chops, brushed with oil and put them on a hot BBQ for 2 minutes, rotate, 2 minutes, turn over, 2 minutes rotate, 2 minutes and they're done. They could have done with just 30 seconds less cooking time. I'm happy  with almost perfect on practically my first try.

Mashed potatoes were boiled, mashed and had butter, salt and milk added. The broccoli was steamed, cooled under cold water and reheated in olive oil. I made a weak mint sauce from some mint from the garden. January mint as it turns out isn't all that minty. I managed to get most of the mint leaves on my lamb so I had just enough for a hint of mint.

Greek Salad

3 inches cucumber
1 tomato
1 green onion
black olives
feta cheese

Whisk up some oil and lemon juice with salt and black pepper. Toss with the salad.

It was so good I kept saying 'this is so good!' while we were eating. I really wished I had one more chop. Next time, now that I know how!


No comments:

Post a Comment