Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Rotini and Cheese


Oddly, I can't seem to get macaroni in Baria Plus pasta so I have to use alternatives. This time it's rotini. Tastes the same but needs better draining to get the extra water off.

2 cups pasta
2 tbsp flour
2 tbsp butter
1 packet chicken stock powder
1-2 cups grated cheddar
2 cups milk

Cook pasta in salted water, drain.

On medium heat melt the butter and whisk in the flour letting it bubble a bit to cook off the raw flour taste. Remove pan from heat and slowly whisk in two cups milk. Return to heat and bring to simmer. Add grated cheddar and stir to melt and mix. Drain pasta, add pasta to sauce, stir.  Serve.

I really liked the addition of chicken stock, deepened the flavour nicely. I have had ketchup on my mac and cheese since I was a child. Still love it that way. Fern hates it. We both loved this quick easy meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment