Sunday, January 31, 2016

Breaded Chicken Breast with Hollandaise and Fresh Green Beans


Mitchell's had whole bone in chicken breasts way cheaper than the boned ones. I bought one and got two huge breasts out of it, a piece of skin for the dog and it was the same price as two boneless breasts. They don't always have them but they're a bargain when they do. I paired that with fresh green beans and mashed potatoes.

I separated an egg yolk for the hollandaise and whisked the white up to coat the chicken.  I whisked two tablespoons of butter into the yolk then whisked in some lemon juice with a little water. It becomes lumpy but smooths out as soon as it warms up. I leave cooking the sauce till just before plating, then do it on the induction element, it's faster than electric stove.

I salted and sprinkled poultry seasoning over the boned breasts, coated them in flour, dipped them in egg white and shook them in a bag of crumbs. Onto a baking sheet and into the oven at 325F for 35 minutes, they're large. I tried brushing some melted butter over the breading to make it brown but it didn't work. I have to put the butter into the bread crumbs first. Next time.

The beans were boiled for 4 minutes then set in butter, salt and black pepper to finish. 

Mashed Potatoes

Peel, salt water boil twenty five minutes, drain, mash, add butter, salt, milk, stir with fork.

It tasted great!


No comments:

Post a Comment