Friday, January 8, 2016

Roast Pork with Roasted Potatoes and Greek Salad


Roast pork from Mitchell's with roasted potatoes and carrots, apple sauce on the side. When that jar of apple sauce is gone I'll use baking apples instead. Fern complained about the jarred stuff and the butcher said he always roasts an apple because it's so easy to do. So I'll have up my game.

I brined the roast in salt, sugar, molasses and water for about an hour. My brine could have been saltier but it helped. I roasted it at 300F for 2 hours and it took 2.5 so dinner was a little late. When it was finally done it was great. We both love roasted potatoes so it was a bit of a feast.

Greek Salad

1 tomato
4 inches English cucumber (don't peel, skins aren't bitter)
diced onion of some type
black olives
cow feta

Dressed with olive/canola oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper. About 2 parts oil to 1 part lemon. 

I could have plated it better but it tasted great!

No comments:

Post a Comment