Friday, January 22, 2016

Salisbury Steak with Pork Gravy


A simple beef patty tarted up with gravy from a roast pork. mmmmmmmm. I bought a big pork sirloin on sale for the dog so I roasted it up and saved the pan drippings. 

400 gm of ground beef
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground garlic or fresh clove if you have it
pepper

Mix the meat and form into two patties. Fry them till pink in the middle, about twenty minutes. Alternatively, fry them to get a good sear and put in the oven @ 325F for twenty minutes.

The rice was done in the microwave with 

1/2 cup rice
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp oil
3 drops vinegar/lemon juice

The beans were boiled, drained and finished with celery in butter, salt and pepper. The mushrooms were fried in the pan then 

1/2 tsp beef stock powder
1/2 cup water
3/4 cup pork pan drippings
pepper

were added. The pork drippings melted immediately and I had a wonderful gravy. Everything was really good. Fern doesn't like beans but he loves celery so the combination was good to his tastes. I cleaned up my plate and then the dog licked it to a polish, but I put it in the dishwasher anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment