Thursday, May 16, 2013

Angus Rib Eye Steak


Once in a while I splurge and buy a nice steak, this was one of those nights. I picked two Angus rib eye steaks with a little marbling in the eye and a little fat around the outside.  Fern doesn't like fatty meat so I have to trim his a bit. 

I did the baked potato in the microwave and removed it before it was completely cooked.  I set it on foil and added salt, butter and fresh chives. I rolled up the foil and put the potatoes in the BBQ but not over the heat.  The steak had just salt and black pepper on it and it was cooked for 8 minutes on the BBQ. Rotating and turning it over so it gets crossed grill marks on both sides.

The carrots and broccoli were done in the steamer and finished with xv olive oil in the pot. Looks like I forgot to put some home made yoghurt on the potato but I didn't miss it.  Somehow just putting a potato on the BBQ seems to add flavour. The vegetables were slightly over done but not mushy so they were still pleasant to eat.  The steak was medium rare, juicy and full of flavour. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment