Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Angus Strip Loin


I've been working on the chicken run expansion so I didn't want to fuss with dinner.  A steak on the BBQ would top off the day nicely and not be too taxing to make. Some nice Angus strip loins were on special so I picked up a couple of nice ones and headed for home.

I peeled the potatoes and put them on for mashed and cleaned up a carrot and got it in the steamer.  When the carrots were half way I took them off and ran them under cold water to stop cooking. I put the steaks on the BBQ and added frozen peas to the carrots before returning the steamer to it's pot of boiling water.

The BBQ was on high and the steaks were done 2 minutes, rotate, 2 minutes, turn over, 2 minutes, rotate, 2 minutes and they should be done  with nice grill marks.

When the peas are done drain them and put the veggies in the pot with extra virgin olive oil to finish cooking. I managed to scissor and few chives over the potato. Still a suburban plate but it sure was tasty!



No comments:

Post a Comment