Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Cajun Cod


Cod was on special so I bought two nice thick pieces.  I pulled the bones out with my fish pliers and seasoned the fillets with salt and my Cajun spice. Then I coated it in flour.  Fry in plenty of olive oil till flaky.  I steamed the vegetables then finished them in olive oil.  Plain old mashed potatoes, salt, butter and milk.

Cajun Rub

2 tbsp cayenne pepper
2 tbsp paprika 
1 1/2 tbsp onion powder
1 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp freshly ground white pepper
1 tbsp garlic powder
2 tsp dried basil
1 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp ground mustard

1/8 tsp ground cloves

Vinaigrette

1 tbsp olive oil
1-2 tsp white wine vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
Dot of Dijon mustard

Whisk and toss the salad in it.

It's a bit spicy but quite good. Southwest rub might be better next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment