Friday, April 11, 2014

Pork Cutlet


I was in the mood for pork and not Greek style. Save-On foods had seasoned pork cutlets on special and I've never tried them so I thought, worth a try. The condiment in front of the meat is Fern's home made apple sauce. I only make one vegetable because I'm putting out a salad as well.  The plate definitely looks better this way, everything looks like it belongs there.

I fried the cutlet in olive oil. Mashed potatoes have butter, salt and milk. The broccoli was steamed, cooled and reheated in olive oil. The salad was simple as well.

Vinaigrette

1 tbsp olive oil
1-2 tsp white wine vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
black pepper
dot of dijon mustard

Whisk and toss the salad mix with a tomato to coat.

Fern remarked several times how good the cutlet was.  It was seasoned by Save-On foods and after cooking and tasting one, I can recommend them with confidence. Of course, at some point, I'll have to outdo Save On Foods cutlets, but for now I'm happy to save myself the trouble.

With the meat ready to go in the frying pan and the salad cut up in the fridge, this meal can be put out in about 30 minutes. Plan on an hour the first time.


No comments:

Post a Comment