Friday, April 11, 2014

Really Good Chicken


Once again I've found that less is more.  Instead of getting out ground onion and ground garlic I decided to keep it simple.  This time I salted the meat then ground some mixed pepper on it and poultry seasoning sprinkled over top. I started putting flour on white meat so it browns nicely and since I was serving corn with the chicken I decided to put a little corn flour in the flour coating the chicken.  I coated it with fat from the skins and put it in a 375ºF oven for 30 minutes. That did the trick, it punched the flavour up to Fern saying three times the chicken was really good. Usually I only get one exclamation. The rice was made with olive oil, salt, a few stamens of saffron and some fresh chives.

Vinaigrette

1 tbsp olive oil
1-2 tsp white wine vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
pepper
dot dijon mustard
bigger dot of tomato ketchup

Whisk and toss the salad in it and serve. The corn was frozen and done in the microwave. Finished with salt and butter. I don't mind frozen corn at all, if I can't have local on the cob.

This is another really good, really easy meal. It can be on the table in 45 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment