Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Pork Tenderloin Marinated in Garlic and Oregano


We seem to have replaced beef with fish because we haven't been eating more pork or chicken. It was a conscious decision to buy less beef but there was no plan for replacement. There are usually two or three types of fresh fish at the supermarket so, with more choice, I usually buy fish instead of chicken or pork. This time however, I felt like fatty, juicy, tasty pork. I picked a small tenderloin and cut it into large bite size pieces.  

Greeky Marinade

1/2 cup olive oil
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 oz white wine
1/2 tsp salt
mixed pepper
1 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped

The vegetables were green pepper, mushrooms, onion and frozen peas. I didn't make a salad so I made extra vegetables. Served on plain rice.

I sweated the onion and garlic first, then added the pork. I had the pan hot to try to sear the meat on the outside. A losing battle but I managed to prevent it turning rubbery. The mushrooms went in after the meat and finally the green pepper and peas.

It was very simple but very good. Fern ate his whole plate without stopping. That means it's really delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment