Saturday, April 26, 2014

Prawns and Penne Pasta


Nothing special here, I made the sauce from a teaspoon of flour, some butter , tomato paste, beef stock and water. To that I added salt, a shallot diced, some garlic chopped up and dried basil. I fried the prawns in butter then added the butter and prawns to the sauce a minute before serving. Grated parmesan on top.

Vinaigrette

1 tbsp olive oil
1-2 tsp white wine vinegar
1/2 tsp salt
pepper

I forgot to buy tomatoes so I just used a few strips of red pepper in the salad. It worked. The goal is to have a salad with every meal, so it has to be simple but tasty.

I can put this on the table in 45 minutes now and I'm aiming for 30. The most important thing is to get really good tasting prawns. I use frozen raw black tiger prawns. I take the shells off so they are easy to eat and they taste great. They go on sale at half price occasionally so I stock up when they do. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment