Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Prawns and Pasta


This is almost as easy as a tv dinner now! I put some frozen black tiger prawns in cold water to thaw and diced a shallot and two cloves of garlic. I sweated the shallot and garlic then added the peeled and cleaned prawns.  I cooked them just long enough to do the outside then took them from the pan. The pasta can be put on now if it isn't already.  I use just less than 2 cups Barilla Penne pasta for two people.

I opened a can of tomato paste and added it to the pan. To that an ounce or two of beef stock and half a cup of water.  Keep adding water till it is a bit thinner than desired as it will lose water as it finishes. Add salt, black pepper and fresh chopped basil if available or dried as I'm using. I put close to two teaspoons of dried basil. Add the prawns back in and finish cooking them.

Vinaigrette

1 tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 tsp white wine vinegar
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp mixed pepper

Cut up a tomato, whisk vinaigrette, toss the salad in it and serve.  A bit fresh grated parmesan on the pasta and another miracle comes out of the kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment