Thursday, August 22, 2013

Cajun Chicken of Rice with Corn on the Cob


I was in the mood for chicken so I found a nice breast pair at Safeway. Corn on the cob is finally available so we're having it again.  I decided to just make rice and have no sauce since I didn't have the energy or interest to make one.  I seasoned the breasts with 

Cajun Spice Rub

2 tbsp cayenne pepper
2 tbsp paprika 
1 1/2 tbsp onion powder
1 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp freshly ground white pepper
1 tbsp garlic powder
2 tsp dried basil
1 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp ground mustard
1/8 tsp ground cloves

I did the breasts on the BBQ and the rice and corn in the microwave.  The corn I left in it's skins and let the sensor in the microwave decide when it was done.  They could have taken another minute but they were cooked and tasted good. To get the cob out of the hot shell, cut the end off at or above the last row of kernels.  Squeeze the cob from the top and it should slide cleanly out of the husk.

Between the juice from the breast and butter from the corn, the rice had plenty of flavour of it's own. The chicken was a little over salted but still tasted good. Corn on the cob tasted just like it should. A simple but good feed.



No comments:

Post a Comment